Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garden Project 2011

Now that I actually live in a house an has a yard and grass and some place to plant flowers/vegetables other then a 6x6 porch I have gone all out. My next-door neighbor is also letting me use a piece of garden in her yard to plant what ever I want so I’m pretty excited needless to say.

Back in March I began growing tomatoes and pepper plants from seeds and now I have 13 tomato plants and 9 pepper plants I’m going to grow. There is a large variety of tomatoes, anywhere from cherry tomatoes to yellow to heirloom tomatoes! Not only am I going to grow tomatoes and peppers. I’m also going to have cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, lettuce, spinach and carrots. ---Which take up a lot of room so my garden is going to be pretty cramped.

Yesterday I went to the Meadow Acres Greenhouse and got a lot of flower plants that I’m also excited for. I love greenhouses soo much more then Home Depot they have better selection and prices, plus its local, which I like to support.

It has still been too cold to plant anything outside for the fear of freezing so I have been bring them in and out on nice days so hopefully in 1-2 weeks it will be warm enough. I have planted 3 tomatoes outside already, but they have “walls of water” around then that keep them warm at night and they seem to be doing well.

I have big expectations for my garden and hopefully it does well. My neighbor added newspaper (I guess it attracts worms) and peetmoss and rototilled it the dirt to have the plants do their best. So wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment