Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Garden Creek and Bridle Trail









This last Sunday I finally went on my first hike in Wyoming. I have been wanting to go for a long time now but really don't want to hike by myself. So my friend Amanda and I went to the base of Casper Mountain and had a pretty nice work out for 3 hours, in the hot, hot sun. First when we got to the parking lot it was packed and we saw people walking up to the falls in flip-flops so we guessed it wasn't that hard of a hike but after like 2 minutes of walking we made it to the "falls" it was a pretty pathetic "hike" and did impress either of us. After 5 minutes staring at the wonders of Casper we decided to turn around and see if there were other hiking trails. We finally made it on the Bridle trail that was a nice steady incline. We stumbled upon great views of Casper, a little rock climbing and a really old car from like the 20's that must have rolled down the hill; it was pretty neat looking, we were wondering how long it was there. Amanda said that she though the Bridle trail also had a waterfall from the same creek as the fall we saw earlier we finally made it to a stopping point at this "waterfall" and again was marveled by the attractions of Casper. It was also getting later in the afternoon and we decided that we better turn around. We did get passed by a couple of people who were running the trail. Very impressed with them we had a hard time hiking it and and a couple pit stops on the way. But I do think I could probably hike this trail alone, and it really was only a 10 minute drive to the area, so hopefully I can do that more before it gets colder. That picture of wood looks like a squid...thought I would share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment