Friday, June 25, 2010

Home Sweet, Home











As most of you know I moved to Casper, Wyoming on Monday. With the help of my wonderful family, everything went smoothly and was even able to load, drive 6 hours and unload all in the same day with plenty of time to go have dinner. I was able to actually pick out my apartment. I was suppose to have an apartment already assigned to me and when I called the complex they said that they were putting me in a different unit. I kind of got upset and mad at them because I already had changed my address to the apartment number I thought I was going in. Anyway, they called back and said that they could give me a 2-bedroom apartment for the price of the 1-bedroom. After looking at 6 different apartments I still decided that the large one bedroom that they were originally were going to put me in was the one that I like best. Sorry apartment complex people. ☺ They told me the offer is still available if I decided I wanted a 2 bedroom. I did only sign a 6 month lease so we’ll see.
It is amazing how fast 9 people can unpack my apartment. By noon the next day I was 85% unpacked. As of today the only boxes that are still unpacked are my 2 printers, my dell-computer (which I never use anyway) and ironically my nursing notes—which should have been the first box unpacked. And I finally feel like I’m almost settled in. I still have all my pictures to hang up on the way (except one) but I kinda want to wait and see what kind of couch and placement before I finalize the pictures on the wall.
I really haven’t done much in Casper since I have gotten here, I have gone to the public library twice to study where I checked out the first two seasons of Dawson’s Creek----I don’t know how I watched this show when I was younger. I absolutely have no money so I feel like I don’t spend any if I stay at my apartment so I don’t become tempted. I think I might go to downtown Casper tonight or tomorrow night and walk around so I don’t get cabin fever, as well as see the area. I know once I start working I will experience plenty of different places with new people.

Since I’m living in a new place and apartment I want to make some new rules.
1. I must make my bed each morning, since I’m now able to walk on 3 of the 4 sides of my bed it should be easier.
2. I now had a dishwasher, thank gosh! So I must use it and don’t leave dishes pile up in the sink for days.
3. The Circle papagone chair is for sitting not a collection of clothes and everyday things. Since there is 3 washer and dryers down the hall this should be easier. Furthermore, this goes along with the large walk-in closet I have the closets are stored in there, and again not the chair.
4. I will not hook up the TV till I pass the NCLEX.
The people who know me well know that these are hard rules to obey, wish me luck.

I cant believe I start my new job on Monday, it’s amazing how much time has flown since I have graduated from school. There is actually a bunch of people who are getting jobs after graduation, I’m happy for them. Also, it makes me wonder if I stayed in the Denver area what kind of opportunities I would have. Yet, I’m glad that I have moved because I have been saying for a while that I wanted to experience something different ☺. So here I am. I guess it is better then the Air Force for now.

So if you would like to send me a house warming present ☺ my address is:
2300 E 18th St Apt 414
Casper, WY 82609

Stacey Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Look at how big your bedroom is!! Can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me about it! It's like 3 times as big as my last place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when do we all get to come visit and distract you from your studying?!

    ReplyDelete