Friday, June 11, 2010

The Beauty of Denver


This morning I went for a 2-hour walk/jog (I jogged like 5 blocks and decided I could experience more walking) around my neighborhood. It is such a beautiful neighborhood that I live in. All the houses are so unique and different and add something different to the area. There are huge mansions next to duplexes, sky-rise apartment buildings and single-family homes showing the diversity of the neighborhood. I did walk past a couple houses that were for sale and one was $600,000 while just a couple blocks away one was $300,000 which both are way to rich for my current taste, plus the fact that I’m moving in a week. But hopefully someday I will move back to Denver and live in an old Victorian style house that was built 100 years ago. Matter of fact, the house wouldn’t necessarily have to be in Denver. Just a place that offers the history, beauty and individuality that is not available in “cookie cutter” houses and KB home developments where every house looks the same. Anyway, by walking around I got to enjoy Denver and what is has to offer before I move. It’s funny I live a block from the Botanical Gardens and 2 blocks from Cheeseman park and I have really only been a both a handful of times. I have driven by a thousands times and now that I’m leaving I’m really starting to appreciate them. I guess after you know you are going to loose something it opens your eyes to different perspectives and the beauty that available at the tips of your fingers. Now I would like to take a vow and really see what Casper, Wyoming has to offer and not just go to work and sit around my apartment on my days off ☺ . So when I move again I don’t feel guilty about not really knowing the area I live in.

1 comment: