Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Saga of Flying


So right no im in the Dallas Fort Worth Airport Wasted. My 925am flight was cancelled so now I have to resort to the 7pm flight from a different airport to get home. Therefore, $50 and 4 beers later I am wasted! So now I sit here watching old school thinking about how I have 3 hours till I flight out of this place….What is interesting is 3 hrs at work flights by to problem but when you are stuck in an air-conditioned airport with nothing to do but drink and read a book it’s pretty boring. This is the first time this has really happened to me and I was just thinking about it earlier and now I know how much it sucks…..also did I state there is no internet so I’m actually writing this hours earlier on Microsoft office and later posting.

The airport is a good place to people watch…but right now I’m soo drunk I can’t even focus straight… so maybe when I’m in the Denver airport for another 1 ½ hour layover… UGH.!!!! More to come promise.

The saga continues…sober this time…

When I finally got to Denver and to the Casper gate I didn’t have a seat assignment and of course the flight was overbooked by 7 people. I ended bursting out in tears and being pretty emotional about the whole situation. Even after one of the docs who was on the flight with me offered to rent a car and drive back together I declined (very sweet Dr. Thukur, thank you) and had to stay at the Renaissance Hotel for the night anyway.

So now its is 0813 on Tuesday Morning. When I should be at work in a meeting that I’m leading but instead I’m sitting in the Denver International Airport once again trying to get to Casper. I would have been there by now if I just rented a car but really didn’t want to drive home at midnight when I already have problems with falling asleep while driving, especially after a long emotional day. I never though I would have to stay in a hotel in Denver waiting to go back to the airport. My aunt said she’d come get me but then she would have to bring me back in 7 hours so I didn’t want to burden her with driving to the airport. So $400 flight vouchers and $15 food vouchers later I am again at an airport. Not sure how Tom Hanks did it in the Terminal….It’s exhausting.

The boarding time is approaching and of course there is no plane at the terminal. BRING IT ON UNITED! That’s all I have to say.

NEW FEED: I MADE IT HOME FINALLY

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, I wish I couldn't relate to being stuck in Denver when all you want is to get home, but I can. And now you can come visit meeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete