Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Clinical RN-3


So it has been almost 2 years since I graduated from nursing school…. WOW!  Is all I can say…I have accomplished so much is my short time as a nurse!  At WMC there is a laddering system that has different levels of nurses based on their experience and involvement with the organization.  After some research I realized I was already so involved in the organization and met the ladder requirements, all I had to do was fill out the paperwork.  Back in December I filled out the paperwork and pretty much spent a whole day gathering the information and submitted it before the deadline.  Then a week later I was approved as a RN-3 then another week later it was taken away because I hadn’t worked at the organization for 2 years.  So I was upset that I didn’t get the recognition and pay raise that was associated with the clinical RN-3.  Luckily, to my surprise my manager must have appealed it and they decided to go through a loop-hole and actually regrant me the title.
I can’t believe that I have been a nurse for such a short time and have had so many opportunities to be involved and make a different.  I always wonder if I would have had this same involvement and opportunity if I were to stay in the Denver area at a bigger hospital.  In the long run, I am glad I did move to a smaller, rural facility and was able to contribute to the well-being and help increase good quality care for patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment