Monday, October 31, 2011

I Did It

I actually did it.  In my last blog I talked about needing a new hobby…. Well Ladies and Gentlemen…. I now am the proud parent of 2 additional rabbits as well as started piecing together my own quilt…
Abigail
So this is Abigail (white bunny) she was more August 30th so that makes her 2 months old today. She pretty quite.  She is considered a Sable Mini Rex.  She doesn’t have the correct markings on her face to be a show rabbit, but can produce babies that can be.

Bonnie is the black bunny born August 7th she is a Black Mini Rex.  She doesn’t seem as tame as Abigail but is actually show quality.


Bonnie
Lastly, Cole who is my original rabbit.  He is 2 years old and has been in multiple shows and his last owner didn’t want him any more because he is starting to develop white spots.  He is by far the tamest and will let me hold him anyway.  He does seem a little more manic now since the girls are here. 

Cole and Abby
I have done a lot of research on these kinds of rabbits and breeding.  All 3 rabbits are in the same breeding class.   And it is a lot more complicated and it amazes me how much inbreeding is in rabbits.  All my rabbit are pedigreed which means their heritage is traced back and are able to be shown in rabbit shows…. Yep it kind of a big deal in the rabbit world.

Cole
Abby
I can’t breed the bunnies till at least February they have to be at least 6 months old and they are only pregnant for 28-32 days and are pretty much ovulating all the time so that makes things easy… All I have to do is put Cole is their cage and watch the magic happen J.

More to come on the bunnies…



All my colors
Next I wanted to design a quilt.  So Rebekah and I went to the store the other day got a book with some patterns I like and started.  I really like the bright modern colors and then randomness of the pattern I chosen.  So far it is a lot of fun and a lot of hard thinking to decide what patch looks good to the next.  I am almost done with the patchwork.
Deciding what goes together
1st part sewing together

I know with these 2 hobbies I’m probably seem like I’m not taking my medications but whatever I like them both…  Jay said to me the other day I’m a little young to quilt.  Oh well.

1 comment: