Friday, October 22, 2010

Thermopolis

To experience the wonders of Wyoming, Jay and I decided to have a mini trip to Thermopolis, WY. Which claims to be the largest mineral hot springs in the world. It was pretty big; I never

really saw the open natural pools like that before. It was great autumn weather with the trees changing and the beautiful scenery of Wyoming.


We stayed at this hotel that had a safari dining room that can all kinds of dead trophy mounts all over which I’m now use to.

It was a pretty classy joint with Carlos Rossi as their house wine.

I guess it was fitting. J The next morning Jay and I walked around the hot spring fields and river. There was this suspension bridge that I was deathly afraid to cross and took me forever because every step it would swing and rock back and forth and I was also afraid the wood walk

way would break every step. Jay thought I was hilarious. I’m such a baby when it comes to heights and the fear of falling. Next we went to the Star Plung… one of the natural mineral hot springs for some old fashion swimming. It was an indoor and outdoor swimming pool with pretty warm water. Plus the extra hot tubes that were wonderful.
There were also water slides that Jay was a 5 year old about and super excited to go down. With the thanks of my waterproof camera that is actually waterproof we were able to have some under water fun. All in All Thermopolis was a nice little get away and experience a different part of Wyoming and the company was great.

This town was very different then the hot springs of Colorado. Not nearly as touristy, which is surprising since it is the World’s Largest Hot Springs J Ahhhh…...the attractions of Wyoming…

No comments:

Post a Comment