Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mama Said Sew


Piecing together the squares for the
rag quilt
Deciding how i wanted to lay it out..
Random but with a pattern....

In the last couple of months I have pick quilting back up.  I have decided though I like to make modern rag quilts the best.  I also love using the trendy hip fabric, like Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, or Michael Miller.  There is a place in Fort Collins that has the most amazing fabrics. It’s called Mama Said Sew, and I am luck y I don’t currently live there or I would be spending a lot of money.  Casper doesn’t have ANY selection of “modern” fabrics so that kind of angers me.  Plenty selections of grandmother fabric though… if that makes sense.   Lol
Jelly-Roll quilt scene in previous posts
I do have a problem finishing things…I still need to complete the binding on my original quilt and I am also currently doing a “jelly-roll” quilt that I need to finish the piecing on the front side.  Piecing is my favorite part… I also started a purse (that is not finished) This is probably why I like rag quilts the best because I do the batting front and back pretty much all at the same time.  I think once I get better I would really like to sell them… Maybe I should finish something 1st
The purse...
Lennah's fabrics
Yet, I did finish a rag quilt just recently for Lennah, my beautiful baby of my friends Nicole and Trevor…I was also on a time limit.





Strips of rag quit

Finished Lennah's blanket all...instragramed...

Piecing together the squares...
Here are some of the things I have finished and have been working on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment