Friday, January 20, 2012

The Gaggle of Rabbits

So of you may know already that I own a rabbit farm J… It has been quite a journey the last couple of months.  I now have 5 rabbits….yep! That’s right I know I’m weird or crazy. But whatever, need something to do up here in Wyoming! So I’m going to stop at 5 rabbits, with the exception of breeding.  

So here are my 5 very different personality rabbits.  
The White/Brown bunny is Abby....she is a 5 month old Broken Sable Point Mini Rex...a very sweet kind girl that conforms to anything her sister Bonnie wants. When she is free very hard to catch!  She will make a great mother someday...very soon too!

Bonnie is a 6th month old Black Mini Rex...she has her own agenda and gets what she wants very hesitate and mean at times.

This is Cole...He is the original rabbit.  He is a 2 year old Seal Mini Rex.  He only has ONE thing on his mind....What most rabbits are known for.

Daisy... is by far the cutest, friendly, most curious bunny I have.  I don't want to play favorites but she by are is my favorite... She is a 3 month old Flemish Gaint Albino bunny.  She probably weights 4x as much as any of my other rabbits now and will get to be at least 15 lbs or more..

Lastly, This is Ecco... He is an (unknown age) Dwarf Hotot Rabbit.  He is all white except for the black eye liner, should have named him Emo...  He has little man syndrome and acts like a flying squirrel most the time.  Loves to bite and also act like a boy rabbit.  He was just too cute to pass up.
If you noticed all my rabbits are in Alphabetical order.....
Also it has been very difficult to have 5 rabbits and give them all the attention that they deserve.  So the top 3 get together with each other and no one else!  The males always fight and scare the crap out of me.  And then poor Daisy usually has no idea what to do when one of the other girls attacks her.  So They all need individual attention.  So.... in the lovely state of Wyoming it is cold and windy most the time, so outside play is restricted.  So then we come inside and of course noone is litterbox trained which is challenging because everyone is so territorial about each other.  So for now on the only rabbits allowed in side are Daisy and Ecco.  
The Garage Set-Up
I really had no idea how difficult to keep all these bunnies and expect everything to work out.  I'm excited in the next month to breed Cole and Abby and Bonnie together... Only Problem...need more cages/room!

No comments:

Post a Comment